Tuesday, October 15, 2013

This Old House

Today I am doing some major cleaning. I am vacuuming and shampooing the carpets and rugs. We are having a guest come over this weekend and it is going to be a busy week. The carpets in the floor are falling apart. They have huge holes in various parts of the stair wells and they are not tacked down anymore in many places. Well, they are the originals so I guess I know why, but I just wish I had new carpets. At this point I can only make them LOOK a little nicer through vacuuming and shampooing. They are never TRULY going to get clean. Having clean, shiny new carpets would also make my cleaning job easier. less shampooing (only when the animals hack up stuff, ughhh..) and animal hair wouldn't be as permanently embedded into the carpet fibers as they are now.

There are so many projects around the house that I want to get done now. I mean, I feel like I can't thoroughly enjoy and relax in the house till things get completed. Hmm.. let's see...

1.) Painting: I want to repaint the guest bedroom and guest bath. I also want to get the rest of the house repainted. Most of the same colors, but some different. We just completed the first small bedroom. It is gorgeous, peaceful and serene. Too bad that room is going to be used as a cat litter box (well, where the cats' litter boxes will go).

2.) Kitchen: The footprint of the kitchen is going to be the same (a small "U" shaped townhome kitchen). Just need to replace cabinets, counter tops, put in a backsplash and a few other little details. I am defintely also getting a bigger sink. It is so frustrating to have water spilling everywhere when washing bigger pots and pans by hand. Thankfully, there are already new appliances so that cuts down on overall remodel costs.

3.) The Carpets: Yep, back to those.

Overall, not a huge list, but it is extensive, and requires money which of course, doesn't sprout up from the grass. Hopefully, within 1 1/2 - 2 years we can get all these things done. I will be soo happy when we do.

Oh, you old house...


No comments:

Post a Comment